Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
little acorn uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- tracking items in your shopping cart
- tracking user display preferences
- configuring tax and shipping rates
Other third party cookies
When you use this website, you may also be sent the following third party cookies, which may be used for the following purposes:
- Mailchimp: little acorn uses this service to manage the newsletter distribution. While we do not use track opens or clicks in the newsletters, this service may still transmit cookies.
- Google Analytics: As of September 2020, little acorn does not use Google Analytics.
- Jetpack: We use this service to calculate tax and shipping rates.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of some features of this website.